Nothing to see here-Move along
19) What is something about you that people would be surprised to learn?
I’m not sure what is left for you to learn that you would be surprised by at this point. Oh, yes, I’m sure there is lots but that needs to be developed through time, stories, proper expression and stuff. This blogging challenge has opened up a few layers of the onion (as Shrek would say) that I didn’t think I would open.
So, I’ve talked about dance. I think that is something that surprises people a lot – how much I love to dance and that I’m actually kinda good when I do show it to people.
- I’ve been to India; I would go back in a second. There is so much more of the world that I want to see and experience – not just as a tourist. Just seeing the monuments isn’t “being” there I think. People are so different and yet so much alike. It is stunning when people from wildly different cultures can connect over our common desire and need for love and acceptance.
- I don’t like my food to touch on a plate if at all possible. I don’t go so far as to have compartmentalized plates and I will smother mashed potatoes on my meatloaf but… yeah… some combinations are gross.
- I hate chickpeas but can eat hummus by the bucket.
- Maybe people wouldn’t be surprised but if they learned that I was terrified to tell them about me… to let them know me and know how much I hurt. How much I was scared that what I said or did had no influence whatsoever… no value whatsoever. That I wanted to believe they liked me but just couldn’t no matter what they said or did because I refused to really like myself.